PPKM relaxation helped boost the hotel business, including sharia hotels. Many Muslim tourists choose sharia-concept hotels to provide more comfort while on vacation.
"In principle, to become a sharia hotel, you can go through two stages (categories), namely the Hilal 1 category, where there are still two hotel kitchens, halal and non-halal, alcoholic beverages are also available. Meanwhile, Hilal category 2 is a full sharia hotel, with one halal kitchen, and does not provide alcoholic beverages. This categorization is in accordance with the spirit of applying Islamic law in general. Step by step, "explained the LPPOM MUI statement quoted from the MUI Halal page.
Meanwhile, according to the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) as stated in the DSN MUI Fatwa Number 108/DSN-MUI/X/2016, sharia hotels have the following requirements:
- The fatwa of DSN MUI Number 108/DSN-MUI/X/Hotel may not provide facilities for accessing pornography and immoral acts;
- Should not provide entertainment facilities that lead to polytheism, immorality, pornography, and/or immoral acts;
- Food and beverages provided by sharia hotels must have obtained a halal certificate from the MUI;
- Provide adequate facilities, equipment, and facilities for worship, including washing facilities;
- Hotel managers and employees are required to wear clothes that are in accordance with sharia;
- Sharia hotels are required to have guidelines and/or guidelines regarding hotel service procedures to ensure the implementation of hotel services in accordance with sharia principles;
Meanwhile, market research reported from Muslim Village said there are 10 features of sharia hotels that can provide satisfaction for guests or customers. Here are the details:
- Halal food is a very important part of Muslim culture and involves the preparation of food according to Islamic law. This is the main requirement for how to meet the needs of Muslim tourists. Halal food will be reassuring.
- Prayer facilities, notification of Azan time, and Qibla direction.
- Entertainment facilities, such as swimming pools, spas, and entertainment for children. For entertainment, it is endeavored not only to be fun but also to have an educational element.
- Female staff room. Islamic culture often requires a female staff room for the household, for example, to change clothes.
- There is a separate swimming pool and spa for men and women.
- There is a Middle Eastern menu. According to the site, this is a very effective way of attracting Muslim tourists. Hotels will be loved regardless of religion or culture. Delicious cuisine is able to tempt guests from all over the world.
- The hotel bar is free of alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic drinks and the like are definitely intoxicating. So anything that intoxicates the law is haram.
- The existence of Arabic television channels in order to stay up to date with Arab world information.
- A female-friendly bathroom that can cover women's bodies when they are at the spa, enjoying the swimming pool, or enjoying the beauty of the beach.
- Availability of the Qur'an in hotel rooms. The presence of the Qur'an is a simple way of welcoming Muslim guests. And of course, in every room, there is a Qibla direction sign. It would be better if a prayer rug was provided in each room
The ten conditions are flexible because as discussed above, the provisions of sharia hotels can be reached in two hilal and meet the requirements of the DSN MUI Fatwa Number 108/DSN-MUI/X/2016.